S.Gantuya won a court battle against Oyutolgoi LLC

Dismissed staff member S.Gantuya wins unfair dismissal case against Oyutolgoi LLC at Sukhbaatar District Court on February 27th.

S.Gantuya claimed that she was dismissed unfairly after appealed about huge salary differences between foreign and Mongolian staff members of the company and senior officials` unethical behaviors and threats to Mongolian staff members in a mail to executives of the company.

S.Gantuya commented about her wins a court battle against Oyutolgoi LLC.

-What is your thought about the trial? The trial was delayed five times in past four months.

-I waited for justice four months. I was not sure about win against the mining giant company. But staff members of the company encouraged me.

-What was the reason of your dismissal? Apparently there was not any claim of unfair dismissal of Oyutolgoi before this case came to light.

-I was fired baselessly. The Court rules a decision to the company to re-hire me back to work and to pay back compensation to my health and social insurance.

-Do you think the pay differences between foreign and Mongolian staff members of the companies in Mongolia would arise after all?

-I appealed about a huge salary differences between Mongolian and foreign staffs even they have a same qualification in a mail to executives of Oyutolgoi LLC on October 23rd in 2012. The Oyutolgoi Investment Agreement outlined about equal payments for equal working condition.

Mongolia joined in Convention against unfair pay system with discrimination of race, sex and religion.

Then I received a notice on October 29th in 2012 after I made a claim to the company in a mail. I appealed to Trade Union Committee of Oyutolgoi LLC but it was no use. 

I did not only mention about only my right, it was every staff member`s right. So this is not only my win but also ours, Mongolian staff members` rights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog