“Mongolia without Vodka” network marks 2nd anniversary

Two years ago, the President of Mongolia had called upon the Mongolian nation to become a Mongolia which does not consume an alcohol.

The President said “If there are families and colleagues in Mongolia, who don’t consume alcohol on specific occasional days, I want to congratulate them on behalf of the state of Mongolia. The alcohol consumption has become one of the vital tackling issues in Mongolia. Today, even small children tend to consume this poison. Vodka doesn’t cohere with beauty, and it won’t cohere with Mongolian pride. From now on I won’t agree to have vodka or alcoholic beverage in my glass. Also, I want my nation not to have alcoholic drink in theirglass from now on.

During the moment of my speeches to my people on occasional days I will hold glass with milk instead of vodka.”

“ I am calling people to cooperate from now on, to become;an individual who doesn’t drink a vodka, a familywho doesn’t drink a vodka, colleagueswho doesn’t drink a vodka, neighborhoodswho doesn’t drink a vodka and to become asociety who doesn’t drink”, he said two years ago in his speech.

The NGO Social Civil Movement has promoted the President’s initiation and accordingly the national network “Mongolia without Vodka” was established on January 30th, 2011.

The second anniversary of that network was marked on Wednesday and the press conference was held in Civil Hall at the Office of the President.

Last year, the officials of the national network “Mongolia without Vodka” helped 3000 young people to say no to alcoholic beverages and supported them in finding jobs, informed the official of the national network during the press conference.

Short URL: http://ubpost.mongolnews.mn/?p=2737

Comments

Popular posts from this blog